Kushmonster

Kushmonster

Friday, July 16, 2010

Matt Simmons Calls Out BP lies about Capping Gulf Oil Volcano

from Dave in Denver@ http://truthingold.blogspot.com/we have our deepest suspicions confirmed (once again)



On this topic, I’ve already sent you several videos interviewing Matt Simmons, in my view the number one global authority on the oil industry today (such as
On this topic, I’ve already sent you several videos interviewing Matt Simmons, in my view the number one global authority on the oil industry today (such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGAoU1H2gM(109,000 views already) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scl2dgK_-Nw). I equate his knowledge and influence in the oil & gas industry to that of Jim Sinclair in gold and Warren Buffett in the stock market, although on the latter I believe Buffett to be a disgusting, traitorous slime bag who sold his soul for power and money, just as Alan Greenspan before him.

Mr. Simmon’s company, Simmons & Company, is a Houston-based research and banking boutique focused solely on the oil industry, and as an analyst at Salomon Smith Barney from 1998-2005 I had the great privilege of meeting (and dining) with him several times. I had been reading his brilliant research (particularly on oil rigs) as far back as 1996, and unequivocally no man has been more responsible for bridging the gap between Wall Street and the (until the mid-90s) long forgotten oil industry. His knowledge of all aspects of the oil business is as strong as anyone alive, in my view, and given all the committees and organizations he’s either created or served on, I’d bet that his Rolodex of industry contacts is unsurpassed.

Anyhow, after giving the interview cited above (highlighted in yellow) he was unceremoniously stripped of his Chairman Emeritus title at his own firm and namesake, Simmons & Company (who, in my view, is just a “dime a dozen” investment bank without the benefit of Mr. Simmons’ leadership and expertise). Can you imagine that?!?! Kicking your chairman out for having the gall to opine (aided by information from the aforementioned Rolodex of contacts) that BP might have been lying? I guess Simmons & Co. is desperate to whore to “lying Tony” for the holy grail, a placement in the syndicate for a potential multi-billion stock offering by BP to “save the company” once the lying is sufficiently mainstreamed. Just incredible.

After sending you the blue highlighted video link above yesterday, one of the people I respect most (with a far deeper oil industry background than myself) sent an email that he believes Matt Simmons is “certifiably insane” and that friends of his in the industry say his opinions are “100% BS”). He, too, works in the investment banking business, so that same conflict of interest is part of his daily activities (part of the reason I left that business, by the way), but he is as upstanding a person as I have come across in my career. And not only that, he is well aware of the gold “conspiracy”, and all the lies and deception that are a part of it.

Andy Hoffman

No comments: